Electric Scooter Tour Golden Gate Park to Ocean Beach
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Product code: GGPScooterTour-2.5
The 2.5 Hour Golden Gate Park Scooter Tour is the most sensational way to see Golden Gate Park. You will love gliding through this massive 1000+ acre park on our New Fleet of electric scooters. A city as unique as San Francisco demands a unique way to tour it, and an electric scooter is the answer!
The Electric Scooter Tour route covers the Western part of the park which covers both famous landmarks and a trip to Ocean Beach.. After a brief training session on how to safely operate the electric scooter, you will explore Golden Gate Park for approximately 2.5 hours. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour. Numerous stops are made for Instagram perfect photos - so don't forget your phone.
- The 10+ mile tour route explores the western section of the 1017 acre (411 ha) park on winding trails and bike routes ending at Ocean Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
- The transformation starting in the 1870's of a bleak sand dune area in into the lush park you see today.
- The Music Concourse and Temple of Music oncluding the California Academy of Sciences and the deYoung Museum
- The Japanese Tea Garden and the California Midwinter International Exposition of 1894
- William Hammond Hill and John McLaren's vision for the park
- Hidden sights including the Fly Casting Pools and Anglers Lodge
- The historic Beach Chalet Building and Murals
- The Dutch Windmill and Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Gardens plus Murphy Windmill
- The Bison Paddock
- The Model Yacht Club
- Equstrian Center and Stables
- Ocean Beach and Pacific Ovean views
- and many other hidden gems on our way to the beach!
Our goal is to let guests enjoy riding an eco-friendly scooter, see more sights than they could cover on foot and have lots of fun. An added benefit for the environment is a few less tour buses on the city streets each day. Note: Scooter tour is not allowed on the bridge sidewalks.