Combo Pack: Night Chinatown and Little Italy Segway Tour PLUS Advanced Hills and Crooked Street Segway Tour
- Duration : 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Product code : ComboNightandAdvancedHills
Buy two tours and save $15! This combo pack includes our Night Chinatown & Little Italy Segway Tour and our Advanced Hills & Crooked Street Segway Tour. A city as unique as San Francisco demands a unique way to tour it, and Segway is the answer!
HOW IT WORKS:
Book your Night Chinatown & Little Italy Segway Tour date and time when you checkout. You will receive an immediate email confirmation of the 1st tour and one of our reservation staff members will contact you to schedule your Advanced Hills & Crooked Street Segway Tour.
NIGHT CHINATOWN & LITTLE ITALY TOUR ITINERARY:
Enjoy the intimacy of a night tour on this fully narrated Little Italy, Chinatown, Embarcadero, and Waterfront Segway Tour. After a 40 minute training session on how to safely operate the Segway, you will explore the city by the bay for two hours. Tours are limited to ten riders per tour guide. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour. All segways are equipped with front and back lights to safely navigate the streets at night. Numerous stops are made for photos - so don't forget your camera.
- The tour begins at the West end of Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Glide through North Beach, the neighborhood best known as San Francisco’s Little Italy. This famous culinary destination prides itself on authentic Italian fare and bustles with activity both day and night.
- Stop at Washington Square Park by Saints. Peter and Paul Church, where guests will learn about the authentic Beat Generation in North Beach.
- Next, visit the Chinatown neighborhood, a veritable city within a city. Cruise through historic Chinatown and past hidden alleys in the largest Chinese community outside of Asia.
- As the tour moves farther east, enjoy romantic night views of the Bay Lights Installation and Ferry Building, Treasure Island and the Bay Bridges.
- The tour will loop back from the edge of the Financial District towards the Wharf, cruising past historic Piers along the Embarcadero while the San Francisco Bay glitters against the night.
- The next stop is Fisherman’s Wharf, where guides will take you past picturesque fishing harbors and hidden gems like Fish Alley, Fisherman’s Chapel, a WWII Liberty Ship, and the Pampanito submarine. See and hear Dungeness crabs being cracked in stands located in the heart of Historic Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Learn how Cable Cars operate and see the built-in Cable Car turntable at the end of the Hyde Street Line.
- Everyone loves chocolate! See Ghirardelli Square and learn more about the famous chocolate that bears its name.
- View the unique streamline design of National Maritime Museum and the fleet of historic sailing ships berthed at Hyde Street Pier.
- Pause to take in breathtaking nighttime views of the Alcatraz Lighthouse.
ADVANCED HILLS AND CROOKED STREET TOUR ITINERARY:
The answer to riders' number one request, "Can we ride down the crookedest street?” is “Yes, you can!” Challenge yourself on this exhilarating fully narrated advanced tour, designed for guests with prior experience riding an i2 Segway. The tour scoots up Russian Hill, eases down the world’s “crookedest” street, explores North Beach / Little Italy, and glides along the waterfront. This new Advanced Rider Segway Tour incorporates more riding, bigger hills and a bit less historical narration than our standard tours. Our advanced tours do not provide beginner Segway training so previous experience is required. After you complete your Golden Gate Park Segway Tour you will be qualified for this tour. Your fully narrated tour will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay from the hills of the city.
- Cruise through Aquatic Park and to the end of Municipal Pier
- See the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, great views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and unbelievable bay vistas.
- Climb the slopes of Russian Hill
- The affluent residential neighborhood's name goes back to the Gold Rush-era when settlers discovered a small Russian cemetery at the top of the hill. Enjoy sweeping views of Alcatraz, Coit Tower, the Bay Bridge, and the San Francisco Bay.
- Peek down Hidden Stairways and Paths
- See some of San Francisco’s 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian-only lanes.
- Climb past the Cable Cars to the peak of Lombard Street, the “Crookedest” street in the world
- Ride down the world’s most famous “crookedest street,” then cruise toward North Beach down the slopes of Telegraph Hill.
- Explore North Beach
- North Beach is the city’s most European neighborhood, with a predominantly Italian flavor. Recently honored as one of the 10 great neighborhoods in the country!
- Stop and see Saints Peter and Paul Church in Washington Square Park, the center of Little Italy.
- Return to the waterfront near Pier 39
- Pier 39 is home to San Francisco’s famous sea lions and is one of the top tourist attractions in the nation.
- Glide past the Historic Wharf Fishing Fleet
Our goal is to let guests enjoy riding an eco-friendly Segway, see more sights than they could cover on foot and have lots of fun. An added benefit for the environment is a few less tour buses on the city streets each day.