Combo Pack: Night Chinatown and Little Italy Segway Tour PLUS Advanced Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
- Duration : 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Product code : ComboNightandAdvancedPark
Buy two tours and save $15! This combo pack includes our Night Chinatown & Little Italy Segway Tour and our Advanced Golden Gate Park Segway Tour. A city as unique as San Francisco demands a unique way to tour it, and Segway is the answer!
HOW IT WORKS:
Book your Night Chinatown & Little Italy Segway Tour date and time when you checkout. You will receive an immediate email confirmation of the 1st tour and one of our reservation staff members will contact you to schedule your Advanced Golden Gate Park Segway Tour.
NIGHT CHINATOWN & LITTLE ITALY TOUR ITINERARY:
Enjoy the intimacy of a night tour on this fully narrated Little Italy, Chinatown, Embarcadero, and Waterfront Segway Tour. After a 40 minute training session on how to safely operate the Segway, you will explore the city by the bay for two hours. Tours are limited to ten riders per tour guide. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour. All segways are equipped with front and back lights to safely navigate the streets at night. Numerous stops are made for photos - so don't forget your camera.
- The tour begins at the West end of Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Glide through North Beach, the neighborhood best known as San Francisco’s Little Italy. This famous culinary destination prides itself on authentic Italian fare and bustles with activity both day and night.
- Stop at Washington Square Park by Saints. Peter and Paul Church, where guests will learn about the authentic Beat Generation in North Beach.
- Next, visit the Chinatown neighborhood, a veritable city within a city. Cruise through historic Chinatown and past hidden alleys in the largest Chinese community outside of Asia.
- As the tour moves farther east, enjoy romantic night views of the Bay Lights Installation and Ferry Building, Treasure Island and the Bay Bridges.
- The tour will loop back from the edge of the Financial District towards the Wharf, cruising past historic Piers along the Embarcadero while the San Francisco Bay glitters against the night.
- The next stop is Fisherman’s Wharf, where guides will take you past picturesque fishing harbors and hidden gems like Fish Alley, Fisherman’s Chapel, a WWII Liberty Ship, and the Pampanito submarine. See and hear Dungeness crabs being cracked in stands located in the heart of Historic Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Learn how Cable Cars operate and see the built-in Cable Car turntable at the end of the Hyde Street Line.
- Everyone loves chocolate! See Ghirardelli Square and learn more about the famous chocolate that bears its name.
- View the unique streamline design of National Maritime Museum and the fleet of historic sailing ships berthed at Hyde Street Pier.
- Pause to take in breathtaking nighttime views of the Alcatraz Lighthouse.
ADVANCED GOLDEN GATE PARK TOUR ITINERARY:
This Segway Tour route covers the Eastern portion of this 1000+ acre park! Previous Segway experience is required on all of our Advanced tours. After you complete your Night Chinatown & Little Italy Segway tour you will be more than qualified for this tour. Explore 8 miles of the Eastern part of the park which covers both famous landmarks and hidden and less explored areas. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour.
- The de Young Museum
- The California Academy of Science
- The Music Concourse & Temple of Music
- Lily Pond, Fern Grotto and Storybook Cross
- The Historic Carousel & The Lawn Bowling Courts
- The National Aids Memorial
- Shakespeare Garden, Stow Lake & Strawberry Hill
- The Rose, Rhododendron & The Dalihia Gardens
- The Japanese Tea Garden, The Conservatory of Flowers & Botanical Gardens
Our goal is to let guests enjoy riding an eco-friendly Segway, see more sights than they could cover on foot and have lots of fun. An added benefit for the environment is a few less tour buses on the city streets each day.