Advanced Park to Ocean Segway Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Product code: AdvancedPark
What's the difference between the Advanced Golden Gate Park Tour to the Ocean and the Golden Gate Park tour?
The Advanced Golden Gate Park Segway tour is for guests who want to explore the park and already know how to ride segways! You will explore even more of this 1000+ acre park on this 3 hour tour. All Advanced Tour guests must have a prior (2 hour minimum) tour riding experience within the past year on the i2 Segway with lean steer technology.
Tour this San Francisco Gem with the Official Segway Tours of Golden Gate Park. We are the exclusive licensed Segway tour operator in Golden Gate Park. This fun and informative tour is the most sensational way to see this 1000+ acre park! This fully narrated journey will take you to the Park's best views and hidden locations while our professional guides provide you with the history and tales of this oasis in the city.
A combination of designated trails, bike paths and low speed-light traffic streets are used to conduct the guided tour of the Park. This is an Advanced tour so there is no Segway training provided. Explore 10 miles of the Western part of the park which covers both famous landmarks and a trip to Ocean Beach. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour.
- The 10+ mile tour route explores the western section of the 1017 acre (411 ha) park on winding trails and bike routes ending at Ocean Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
- The transformation starting in the 1870's of a bleak sand dune area in into the lush park you see today.
- The Music Concourse and Temple of Music oncluding the California Academy of Sciences and the deYoung Museum
- The Japanese Tea Garden and the California Midwinter International Exposition of 1894
- William Hammond Hill and John McLaren's vision for the park
- Hidden sights including the Fly Casting Pools and Anglers Lodge
- The historic Beach Chalet Building and Murals
- The Dutch Windmill and Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Gardens plus Murphy Windmill
- The Bison Paddock
- The Model Yacht Club
- Equstrian Center and Stables
- Ocean Beach and Pacific Ovean views
- and many other hidden gems on our way to the beach!